Director of Marketing, Pamplin College of Business Since March 2015
Appointed to lead the entire strategic marketing and branding functions for the Pamplin College of Business. Assumed major responsibilities in the first ever Director of Marketing role at the college. Key responsibilities include:
• Led the developed and implementation of annual marketing plans that resulted in consistent admissions increases upwards of 35%
• Drove the development and implementation of media digital strategies in MBA programs that resulted in improved efficiency and accelerated national rankings toreach #2 for our MIT Program.
• Increased funding as liaison to VT Marketing Advisory board by 50%
• Spearheaded the testing and rollout of new business school campus $221 million initiative
• Developed and implemented consumer research designed to improve results of our marketing promotions
• Provide strategic insighton industry developmentand real world advertising
• Blended the class with text book and real world advertising market research, strategy, creative, media and measurement
• Assisting studentsinresume building and gaining key internships with Ogilvy& CommonHealth
• Inspired student to "THINK BIGGER" about advertising which resulted in their final project inclusive of market research, SWOT analysis, key tactics( lV commercials, websites, print ads, & viral marketing efforts) as well as measurement of all advertising elements to ensure a strong response
• Developed a strong mentoring relationship with over 90% of the class as reflected in student evaluations.
• Created and launched new website for Departmentof Marketing (Fall 2011 Launch)
• Founder of Prism, Pamplin RE-Inventing Social Media, First ever Social Media Student Organization for the development and execution of the College of Business Virtual Brand Footprint Campaign and Positioning. Activity inclusive of metrics and trends and the use of software to forecast future.
Founder, Advisor Since March 2015
A champion of social media tools and technologies reflected in the track record of creating and implementing successful digital initiatives. Keep up-to-date with constantly evolving technologies in online social networking, the blogosphere, search tools and Web 2.0, and work closely with clients to create innovative, effective campaigns.
• Marketing Consultant for Multi-Millionaire Dollar brand and retail center. Developed market research, which resulted in core branding positioning within the online and offl.ine marketing environments.
• Increased awarenessby 68% within first month of campaign.
• Initial campaign results reflect a 25% increase in sales and online engagement.
• Agency of Record, 5 years in a row. Responsible for Brand identity and planning for Johnston Memorial Hospital. Created & developed key strategic tactics to assist in launching the first ever hospital campaign in 100 years. Established benchmark and tracking procedures toensure a proper measurement program was in place.
• Launched several service line campaigns (Cancer Center, Physician Partnership Initiatives, etc) and overall new strategic plan based on hospital's future business endeavors.
• Developed, performed and measured marketing research in the areas of quantitative and qualitativefocus areas for key strategic insights
• Launched new $20 million dollar Comprehensive Cancer Center opening inclusive of TV, billboards, print, collateralsand ·care kit"
• Develop annual calendar
• Launchednew website for hospital
Influenced CEO and key board members to change hospital positioning and break out and create a strong USP.
• In process of developing market research and timelines for new $250 million dollar hospital which will open in 2010
• Oversee media and all aspects of advertising and provide comprehensive marketing plans every year.
New Generation Licensing
• Developing internal plans for launch of new line of Hello Kitty, Snoopy & Studio-e brands within Denmark, Switzerland, Sweden & London.
• Developed marketing plans for international launch of 6 new cartoon characters for animation and scholastic use.
Vice President, Account Supervisor 1999 - 2003
• Responsible for the creation, development and execution of direct-to-consumer campaigns inclusive of TV, print, radio, and websites within the areas of allergies (Nasonex/Clarinex),anti-in fective (AugmentinES-600/Levaquin), diabetes (Avandia) diabetic foot ulcers (Regranex), coronary heart failure (Coreg). In addition, was also responsible for a high-profile consumer campaign for MountSinai Hospital.
• Responsibilities of managing and overseeing a 65 million dollar budget (collectively), as well as mentoring and training five seasoned professionals
• Launched the first ever Direct-To-Consumer campaign for Augmentin ES-600 and secured a 10 million dollar budget. The core focus of the campaign focused on cannibalizing the competitive efforts by highlighting efficacy over convenience for the treatment of recurrent or persistent ear infections due to bacterial eradication in the middle ear. Initial sales for this line extension exceeded base brand by 10% in the first month.
• Developed a 5 million dollar public image campaignfor Mount Sinai Hospital, geared towards the NY market with a primary focus on revenue generating areas for the hospital. To date, initial referrals have increased by almost 15% versus referral rates from past years.
• Worked closely with the Dove brand team in developing and securing a 50 million dollar budget (TV, print, radio), by leveraging celebrity endorsements in an effort to expand awareness of female stereotypes.
Account Supervisor 1996 - 1999
• Responsible for managing, directing, and coordinating up to 17 simultaneously occurring projects including areas such as response network, database management, and disease management programs, as well as supplementing agency of record business on such products as Claritin, Nasonex, Foridil and Fareston. Manage a staff of four professionals, with 1998 guaranteed sales of $2.8 million and the potential for another $1 million in new sales.
• Started with the company as an Account Executive, and through demonstrated success earned two promotions in less than two years.
• Worked closely with client to conceptualize, develop, and refine marketing ideas and campaigns across a wide variety of therapeutic areas such as allergy, respiratory, infectious diseases, diabetes, depression, and oncology within the areas of e-commerce with regards to developing, researching and building brand equity based on competitive analysis through market activity.
• Extensive knowledge in the areas of direct-to-consumer, market segmentation, and micro messaging of specific product initiatives.
Field Account Manager 1992 - 1994
• Responsible for actively and aggressively calling on all accounts in the northern New Jersey, southern New York territory. Managed two major accounts' plan-o-grams (A&P and Foodtown) and through proven sales tracking reports was able to reconfigure placement of key brands (Nestle Crunch and Friskies Cat Food), which proved to be successful in both increasing sales and retriev ing primary positioning to impact consumers at point-of-purchase.
• Improved product positioning for many of Nestle's other top brands through the development of strong working relationships with the general store managers. This included significantly increasing shelf space, and product facings with items such as Mighty Dog,
Contadina Tomato products, Good Start baby products, Libby's products and Carnation Evaporated Milk by clearly demonstrating product movement and the profitability per unit sale to store management.
• Was one of the first Field Account Managers to identify emerging developments with a major competitor's product. Received formal recognition for the information report from Nestle's home office.